How I import a project from Asana?
To start the importation project, you have to got to your project menu, and click on "Create Project" button.
After that, you can select how to create the project, in this case we want to "Import project".
You can select which importer do you want to use, in this case, you have to select the "Asana" importer.
As soon as you select the asana importer, you will be redirected to the Asana authorization page, to allow Taiga to access to your boards (during the next day). You have to click "Allow", to continue the process.
Then you have to select which asana board want to import.
Once you have selected the board you have to define how you want to import the project. This include:
- The title of the project.
- The description of the project.
- If the project is public or private
- If you want to import archived data from Asana.
If you want to keep a link from your taiga User Stories to the original asana cards.
Before finish the import process you have to match your Asana users with your Taiga users, this allow us to keep assignation, creation and comments author information correctly.
Finally, you only have to click "Import" button to start the import process, this can take a while, so be patient.
After the import process, you can access to your new created project that will looks like this.
Wich data is imported, and how?
- Asana Board as Taiga Kanban Project.
- Board avatar as Project avatar.
- Board columns as Taiga Kanban columns (User story statuses).
- Cards as User Story (Optionally archived cards).
- Cards Checklists tasks as User story tasks.
- Board members as Project members.
- Tags and tags colors.
- Due Date field as Taiga custom field "Due date".
- Changes in title, description, due date and state.
- Card assignations as User Story assignation for the first, and User Story watchers for the rest.